AATCC 100 - Assessment of Antibacterial Finishes on Textile Materials
AATCC 100 Test Summary:
• This is a 24 hour quantitative broth-based assay for the evaluation of the degree of antibacterial activity of finishes on textile materials.
• Test Microorganisms are used at standardized concentrations of fresh cultures.
• Standard contact time for this test is 24hrs. Custom contact times are welcome upon request.
• Each test sample will be tested in triplicate to ensure precision.
• Standard turnaround time is 7 to 10 days from sample acceptance; call if expedited turnaround is needed.
AATCC 100 Sample Submission
Samples can be submitted as 48 x 48 mm squares, 48 mm diameter circles, or as sheets for in-lab preparation.
Untreated samples should be submitted for use as control samples. Like-material matching can be provided if necessary.
AATCC 100 Test Organisms
Test Standards Recommend:
Gram-positive bacteria: Staphylococcus aureus, ATCC No. 6538.
Gram-negative bacteria: Klebsiella pneumoniae, ATCC No. 4352.
Alternate available organisms:
Escherichia coli ATCC-25922
Pseudomonas aeruginosa ATCC-9027
Canadida albicans ATCC-10231
*Other organisms can also be obtained per request.
Turn around Time: 5 to 7 days for commonly used organism.
Description from AATCC:
This test method provides a quantitative procedure for the evaluation of the degree of antibacterial activity. Assessment of antibacterial activity finishes on textile material is determined by the degree of antibactieral activity intended in the use of such materials. If only bacteriostatic activity ( inhibition of multiplication) is intended, a qualitative procedure which clearly demonstrates antibacterial activity as contrasted with lack of such activity by an untreated specimen may be acceptable. However, if bactericidal activity is intended or implied, quantitative evaluation is necessary. Quantitative evaluation also provides a clearer picture for possible uses of such treated textile materials.
We Also Recommend